- Water Tower Music have released cover artwork for May's Dark Shadows soundtrack album, presenting Danny Elfman's orchestral score from the new film. The CD can be pre-ordered now by clicking here.
- Dark Shadows has been voted 'Best Production to work on' by the supporting artistes' union FFA. The film was awarded the title at the organisation's general meeting last weekend.
- Warner Bros will be promoting Dark Shadows at the trade event CinemaCon, which takes place on April 24 in Las Vegas. The presentation is expected to include sneak peek footage from the movie with personnel from the film in attendance.
- The Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex strand has published a set report from the Dark Shadows movie, interviewing several key players, including Johnny Depp and director Tim Burton. "If I go back and watch something like Star Trek, it's not that hard to analyze what the appeal was," says Burton. "The Dark Shadows appeal was a little more abstract. What I loved about it was the fact that it was a melodramatic soap opera, and, well, that flies in the face of any modern studio’s interests as far as moviemaking." Producer Richard D. Zanuck enthuses: "I've never seen a movie like this one; it's like no other. It's like five movies in one. It's a comedy, it's a romance, it's got special effects, it's got action, it's got some horror elements... It's got a lot of great things going for it. We just have to find a way to let people know what it is and what it offers." To read the full article, click here.
- And finally, Warner Bros have released two new Dark Shadows publicity stills, which can be seen below. The images show Johnny Depp as a newly-released Barnabas, prowling the streets of Collinsport, plus a backstage snap of Depp and Tim Burton on the Collinwood set.
Images © Warner Bros. Entertainment Ltd.