Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dark Shadows Movie Props Go On Display

La Cinemathé Francaise's Tim Burton exhibition opened in Paris earlier this week, with the Dark Shadows movie director and actresses Helena Bonham Carter (Dr. Julia Hoffman) and Eva Green (Angelique) in attendance.

Among the extensive collection of props and artwork from Burton's many film is an area devoted to the new Dark Shadows feature film. Burton's original concept art of Barnabas Collins is featured, along with Angelique's dress and shoes from the film, as designed by Colleen Atwood, plus Barnabas' walking cane and medallion.

Speaking at a masterclass seminar held to mark the opening, the director gave an update on Dark Shadows' post production. "I'm still working on it. In fact I shouldn't be here!" laughed Burton. "It's one of those films where I'll be working on it every day up until the end. I'm excited about it, but I got a ways to go on it."

Touching once again on the film's unique atmosphere, Burton said: "It's one of those films which I love... mixing different tones. When I'm asked 'What is it? Is it a comedy or a drama or a horror movie?' I go, 'I don't know...' we'll see what happens when it's done."

Tim Burton: L'Exposition is open until August 8. For more information, click here.

No comments: