- Vince O'Brien (Sheriff Patterson) died on June 19 at the age of 91. His long career as a character actor included roles in the movie Annie Hall, along with stints on television in The Edge of Night and Law and Order.
- Big Finish Productions have just released two new Dark Shadows audio dramas. The Night Whispers features Jonathan Frid's return as Barnabas, alongside John Karlen and Barbara Steele. London's Burning stars David Selby and Doctor Who actress Louise Jameson as Rosie Faye. Both titles are available on CD and download from the Big Finish website.
- Marley Shelton (2004 Victoria) has joined the cast for the upcoming movie Scream 4, which has just begun shooting in Michigan.
- The delayed hardback collections of Dark Shadows comic strips are finally due to debut in July, in time for the Dark Shadows Festival. Dark Shadows: The Complete Collection Volume 1 and Volume 2 are available a discount price from Amazon. Click on the hyperlinked titles to pre-order.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
The Dark Shadows Festival has released a tentative schedule for next month's event, which takes place from July 16-18 in Burbank, California. As previously reported, there is also a gala screening of House of Dark Shadows in Hollywood on Friday afternoon before the convention begins. For more information and to register to attend, visit the Festival website.
Friday, June 18, 2010
- Big Finish are holding a Summer Sale, offering selected Dark Shadows audio dramas at discounted prices. The offer runs until June 30 and a price list can be viewed here.
- The latest issue of Big Finish's Vortex magazine features a special behind the scenes feature on Jonathan Frid's (Barnabas) return to Dark Shadows on audio. Download it for free by clicking here.
- David Selby (Quentin) is working on a new book about his time on Dark Shadows. My Shadowed Past will hopefully debut later this year. David is also taking part in FestivALL, a celebration of the arts held in Charleston, WV; He will be reading for In Their Own Words on June 26, followed a staged reading of his play Appalachia Tragedy. For more information, visit his official website.
- Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie) has overhauled her official website with a new look and previously unseen photographs. Pay a visit by clicking here.
- Finally, MPI Home Video have released two double-bill DVDs of Dan Curtis' 1970s TV movies. Shadow of Fear & Nightmare at 43 Hillcrest and Come Die With Me & The Invasion of Carol Enders originally aired as late-night thrillers on ABC. Look out for an appearance by John Karlen (Willie) in Hillcrest. To order either title from Amazon.com, click on the hyperlinked titles.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Hollywood's Vista Theatre are now accepting bookings for their 40th Anniversary screening of House of Dark Shadows, which takes place on July 16 ahead of the Dark Shadows Festival in Burbank.
The event begins at 12.30pm when Jonathan Frid (Barnabas) will be putting his handprints in cement for posterity, followed by a full screening of the House of Dark Shadows movie from an original 35mm print.
Tickets cost $10.00 each and can be purchased by calling the box office on 323-660-6639.