Friday, February 4, 2011

2011 Dark Shadows Festival Update

ShadowGram reports that the 2011 Dark Shadows Festival will be held at the New York Marriott Hotel at the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn, New York from August 19-21, celebrating 45 years of Dark Shadows.

A limited number of rooms are available at the special discount price of $159.00 per night plus tax. To make a reservation, call 1-800-266-9432, quoting the reference 'Dark Shadows Festival 2011 Room Block' to receive the reduced rate.

Confirmed guests include Jonathan Frid (Barnabas), David Selby (Quentin, Lara Parker (Angelique), Kathryn Leigh Scott (Maggie), Kathleen Cody (Hallie), Marie Wallace (Eve), Sharon Smyth (Sarah), Donna Wandrey (Roxanne) and Robert Cobert (music composer), with more to be announced. Pricing for the weekend and the Sunday evening banquet are being finalised and registration details should be confirmed soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there! With my buddy Sue. Will be my 4th one! They are so fun--and let me tell you, you see all sights. It's worth it just to people watch.

It's always strange to me how SO MANY people at the festivals are basically there to see Jonathan Frid. I guess I "get that", but I'm equally thrilled to see all the others too. For me, Dark Shadows was so much more than Barnabas Collins, so it always surprises me the lengths some people will to just to get "face-time" with Jonathan!

Tuna Oddfellow said...

I have been to a number of Festivals from 1993 to present. I love some of the cast, but the festivals are about face time with the fans for me.

It's not likely I will be there but there is one perfect storm where I could end up getting on a bus and being there next week.