Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Michelle Pfieffer Reveals Love For Dark Shadows

Michelle Pfieffer has spoken about her role as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard in the forthcoming Dark Shadows feature film, revealing that she personally approached director Tim Burton, asking to be involved. Appearing on ABC's Live With Kelly show earlier this week to promote her new film New Year's Eve, the actress spoke about watching Dark Shadows as a child:

"I would rush home from school every day... and you got home [mimes panting] and you would sit in front of TV. I was driving in the car with my husband. We were talking about TV shows that were being made into movies... I said 'Somebody should do Dark Shadows! Literally, a couple of months later I read in the trades that Tim Burton is doing it. And I go [mimes dialling on a phone] 'Tim, it's Michelle!'"

Talking to The Detroit News, she added that Dark Shadows was "an exceptional experience on every level. It's one of those movies where a lot of stuff was shot that I wasn't privy to, [with] the special effects, and I just can't wait to see it. I was a huge, huge fan of the show."

No comments: