Friday, December 23, 2011

Two Dark Shadows Events For 2012

The Dark Shadows Festival has announced two events for 2012, taking place on both the east and west coasts. ShadowGram reports that planning is underway and more details will be announced in the coming months.

West coast fans can celebrate the release of the new Tim Burton Dark Shadows feature film when the Festival hosts a midnight premiere screening on May 10 at Hollywood's Vista Theatre, featuring "in-person appearances by original Dark Shadows actors" and "other surprises". The Vista has hosted a number of Dark Shadows events over the years, including 2010's House of Dark Shadows screening, which saw Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins) place his handprints in cement for posterity.

Additionally, the east coast will host a second Dark Shadows event in the Summer, set to take place in "the New York vicinity". The precise date and location have yet to be confirmed.

4 comments:

Travis said...

Yay! I hope to be able to make it to the NY one; it will be my first festival!

Theresa MUDRYK said...

HOPE I can attend the east coast event 2012. Keep me posted.
Theresa mudryk

EWROTE said...

Excellent news -- looking forward to the LA event!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I may just have to get to BOTH events. I love me some L.A. and N.Y.!!