Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jonathan Frid Announces Movie Involvement

Original Barnabas actor Jonathan Frid has announced via his official website that he will be involved in Tim Burton's upcoming Dark Shadows feature film. Jonathan writes:

"I will be participating, in a modest way, in the world of Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp, produced largely in England. I look forward to this invitation to reflect in some way on this new storyline of Dark Shadows."

It's currently unclear if the actor will make a cameo appearance in the film, or instead contribute in some other way. To follow Jonathan's latest updates, visit his website by clicking here.

7 comments:

Lillibunny said...

Good for him. I hope some of the other actors might have a cameo in the movie.

nightwolf said...

Nice to see Jonthan Frid partake in the film. Makes one wonder if you will see him in the film.

Anonymous said...

This might be considered VERY wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be awesome if Mr. Frid could play an aged version of Johnny Depp's Barnabas? It'd be so cool to see him in his fangs again!!!!

DavidAndHisMini said...

I would love it if he played the graveyard caretaker! such a great role in the series. not sure if they will go there though...

Will said...

Eagle Hill Caretaker would work!

Bobubas said...

I think it would be great if they used the original Collinwood (Seaview Terrace) in some way. Perhaps as the "new" Old House! I agree with Dave, it would be cool if Mr. Frid played an aged version of Barnabas in the movie. Afterall, they have already hired a Johnny Depp look alike for playing a younger version of Barnabas.

Charles Avent said...

I think Lara Parker should also make a cameo appearance. I could not believe how well the actors cast in the new movie, fit those roles. I can hardly wait to see it! I used to RUN from the bus, to get into the house, just as the opening credits were coming on the television show, in the 60's. THEN got SO UPSET because "ONE LIFE TO LIVE" took its timeslot and moved it back one half hour which meant that, when I ran in the house, I got to see the END CREDITS... and THAT was if I was lucky!