Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dark Shadows Movie Delayed Until 2010

Collider.com reports that filming on the upcoming Dark Shadows feature film, starring Johnny Depp, has been delayed until 2010. As previously announced, Depp will star as Barnabas Collins, and Tim Burton, Depp's long-time collaborator, is pencilled in to direct. Speaking at a press conference for his new movie Public Enemies, Depp gave an update on the project:

"Dark Shadows is happening. Tim is working on Alice in Wonderland which is obviously quite a large piece of work there. So when Tim is done with Alice and we get the script, which is very, very close, in order we’ll probably attack it next year. It’s exciting... very exciting. It’s like a lifelong dream for me. I loved the show when I was a kid. I was obsessed with Barnabas Collins. I have photographs of me holding Barnabas Collins posters when I was five or six. I’m very excited to do it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate that it is delayed, but I guess you sometimes have to wait for things you love. I'm so excited about Dark Shadows coming to the big screen again!

Jonathan said...

Boo!! I can't wait for the movie to come out!! It's only go to help the Dark Shadows culture.

tvandmovienut said...

I have been dying to see this ever since they announced that they were going to do it! Cannot Wait! Love the old series plus its 1991 revival!

Gary Pillsbury said...

I have seen most of the Dark Shadows original and did have the soundtrack of the show as well. To hear of another Dark Shadows movie,is the most awesome news of the century!!! Tim Burton is one terrific director,have seen his work of Batman from 1989. Wouldn't it be ironic to cast Jonathan Frid as Barnabas's father? I do think that would be an honor to Dark Shadows history!