Friday, April 30, 2010

Jonathan Frid Returns as Barnabas


Big Finish Productions have announced that Jonathan Frid will return to the role of Barnabas in The Night Whispers, a new Dark Shadows audio drama. Jonathan recorded his lines last week in Toronto, and the CD will be available in June.

The story also stars John Karlen as Willie Loomis and Barbara Steele (1991 Julia Hoffman) making her audio drama debut as Celeste. Big Finish have posted a teaser trailer for the release on their website, which can be heard here.

5 comments:

Martin Powell said...

Horror/fantasy new just doesn't get any cooler than this! Bravo!!

Travis said...

Wow, so glad Jonathan Frid is going to be doing one of the Big Finish productions!

Anonymous said...

This great news for Dark Shadows fans. The one and only Barnabas Collins returns!!! Gotta love it.

Rubyred-Sharon said...

I couldn't agree more..'Nice surprise seeing Mr. Jonathan FRID "Barnabas" in the Studio! I bet that was quite chilly, wonderful seeing him adding his haunting talents of BARNABAS COLLINS to the BIG FINISH Audio series along w/John Karlan-Willie & Barbara Steele/1991 Dr. Hoffman. Beautiful CD cover of him in all his haunting chill-bite glory!

loveoldsongs said...

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised! I thought for some time how neat it would be if they could coax Mr. Frid to be on the audiodramas! In looking at the ones so far; I thought: "Wouldn't it be wonderful if he could just be on there, even if it was in a cameo roll-sort of way.". Then lo and behold-my wish comes true! They talked him into it, it seems.

I also noticed Barbara Steele is making an appearance, too. I'd hoped since she was Julia Hoffman in the 1991 version, that she would play Julia in the audio-version. But I guess she's playing someone else. Oh well, she's a talented lady, and is sure to add to it in another way!