Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why blog?

Today marks a new start for the Dark Shadows Journal's News Page. For nearly a decade, the site has been providing visitors with the latest news and features on Dark Shadows, and regular readers will have noticed that updates have tailed off as time's gone on. The reality is that in its old form, the site was no longer practical to update, making it less and less manageable... but, with hundreds of pages in the old format, revamping the site really wasn't realistic. So, with that in mind, I decided that the time had come for a new approach, and this news blog is the result. It can updated regularly, and it's a nice user-friendly way of getting the site back on track.

I'll see what format things take as we go along, but I think there's an opportunity to break out from straight news coverage, so look out for extended features, debate and much more. I've always wanted the site to have an interactive aspect, and now with the comments feature, you can share your thoughts and opinion on news, as it happens.

Between my day job and my work producing Big Finish's series of Dark Shadows audio dramas, I simply don't have the time I once had to devote to this site, but hopefully now, it can get back to providing a place for people to enjoy Dark Shadows on the net. Thanks for your support, and keep visiting!

3 comments:

JWGucciEnvy said...

I like it!

Unknown said...

This is great, Stuart. I do miss the days when your news updates were a bit more frequent, what a treat to check in and find a blog!

ACollinsVampire said...

The Blog looks wonderful! Great job!