Friday, December 10, 2010

More from Johnny Depp

As the press junket for Johnny Depp's film The Tourist continues, the forthcoming Dark Shadows movie has again been a subject of discussion. In an interview with MTV, the actor has spoken about the script development and the character of Barnabas:

"He's coming around," says Depp of the new interpretation of the character. "He's a guy who I think is going to be very interesting. He's going to be a lot of fun in a very outside and strange way. I'm excited." To read the full interview, click here.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I'm excited! I put together a little cast of how I suggest to Mr. Burton on how should fill the shoes, which are hard to fill.

Barnabas Collins - Johnny Depp
Julia Hoffman - Sigourney Weaver
Josette/Maggie - Summer Glau
Angelique - Charlize Theron
Elizabeth - Raquel Welch
Quentin - Hugh Jackman
Vicky - Christina Ricci
Carolyn - Reese Witherspoon
Willie - Jake Gyllenhaal
Roger - Michael Keaton or Bill Nighy

I hope they keep it dark and scary. The hardest one for me was Julia. Sigourney Weaver would definatley be a worthy sucsessor to Grayson and Barbara. I know she's 60, but she looks younger than she is. I got the idea of Charlize Theron from Lara Parker.