Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tim Burton Talks Dark Shadows

In an interview with MTV's Movie Blog, director Tim Burton has touched briefly on the development of the new Dark Shadows feature film. "I'm working on the script... It's been kind of a long time coming, but I think I'm getting a script that I like. I don't really like talking because I'm not really sure what's happening yet but I'm excited about it. I think, yes, finally for me, it's getting to be the right tone."

Dark Shadows is due to begin filming in April 2011, starring Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. To read the full interview, which also discusses Burton's other upcoming projects Frankenweenie and The Addams Family, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear when casting starts. Who will be able to follow in the footsteps of Grayson Hall and Barbara Steele as Julia???? (Please oh please not Helena Bonham Carter!)

Anthony said...

I agree with davehuth. I love HBC, but I don't want to see her as Julia. It'll just be Todd and Lovett and it'd be stail.

I think they should cast either, Meryl Streep, Sigourney Weaver, or Susan Sarandon. I know they're in their 60s, but all three of them look younger, they could pass for late 40s/early 50s.

Anonymous said...

I just had a weird thought.....what about Isabella Rossellini?? But really Anthony, your three choices were very interesting as well! I'm really fond of Grayson Hall's quirky, yet sincere portrayal, and hope that Tim Burton will try to recapture that sort of magic in his "Julia."