Monday, April 9, 2012

DeviantArt Launches Shadows Movie Portrait Contest


The art sharing website DeviantArt has launched a special Dark Shadows contest, inviting users to create a portrait of Johnny Depp as vampire Barnabas Collins, with the winner judged by director Tim Burton. The first prize is a $3,500 cash prize and the winner's artwork presented in a gilded frame, plus Dark Shadows movie merchandise.

The contest runs until April 24 and is only open to residents of the United States. For more information and to download a digital assets pack to create an entry, click here.

3 comments:

lonn4670 said...

Exciting news... I defintely will take part in the movie portrait contest!!!

Belle Dee said...

I submitted a recent piece to this contest. I might even do a second. I don't know that I'll win anything, but it's fun to contribute.

Barnalust said...

I'm working on something, now. Sounds like fun. I've been over there and enjoyed seeing the many different interpretations of Depp as Barnabas.