Monday, February 6, 2012

Remembering J.J. Lupatkin

It is with sadness that we report that J.J. Lupatkin, one of Dark Shadows' technical directors, died on December 29. His career in television lasted five decades, beginning as sound apprentice for the NBC Symphony Orchestra. He eventually graduated to the role of cameraman, working on such shows as Pulitzer Prize Playhouse and The United States Steel Hour.

Elsewhere, he also worked on telecasts of several major live sporting events, including the Super Bowl and the World Series. On daytime television, he was in demand as an engineer and technical director on various shows, including Ryan's Hope, One Life to Live and All My Children. His work was also recognised with two Emmy awards. Our condolences go out to his friends and family.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

R.I.P. J J You will be missed!

bcollins2007 said...

Wasn't he at the festival in Brooklyn last year? RIP.

vderricks said...

I recently watched the episode where "josette's" ghost steps out of the portrait and dances around the grounds of the "Old House", it still gives me chills. My condolences to the family and friends of J.J. Lipatkin.

Quentin Collins said...

Vderricks,

That's one of my all-time favorite episodes of Dark Shadows (no. 70). It gives me chills as well, and the music that accompanies Josette's dance is fabulous. :)